Randy and Caroline

Randy and Caroline
A lovely July in Seattle!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

An Important CT Scan Today!

This evening sometime around 6:00PM, hopefully, I will have a CT scan that will show whether or not the 4 rounds of chemotherapy I've had have had an effect on the tumors in my abdominal cavity, both the primary non-carcinoid, mucinous appendiceal adenocarcinoma in and around what's left of my appendix and any and all metastatic nodules on and/or in my peritoneum! The CT scans (technically, there are 2 CT scans, one of my chest and the other of my abdomen/pelvis, but they'll do them both during the same session) will also help determine whether any rogue cells have escaped from my abdominal cavity to anywhere else in my body that such cells are likely to go to (apparently adenocarcinomas from the gut don't often metastasize to the brain or toes, for example)! We're fervently praying and hoping for a good report so we can plan and schedule HIPEC surgery very soon! The sooner these cancer cells are excised from my body and/or killed dead as little doornails, the better! Stay tuned and thanks so much again for all your many wonderful prayers and best wishes and love--I don't know what I would do without all of you! Thank God I have you all on my side! We'll whip this impertinent appendix cancer sooner rather than later! May God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment