Randy and Caroline

Randy and Caroline
A lovely July in Seattle!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chemo-sabe?

I'm very pleased to report that I appear to have survived my very first round of FOLFOX chemotherapy and am not too much worse for the wear! Thank God I was spared the ravages of the many side effects of these wonder chemicals! The portable battery-operated pump and my Bard Power Port worked flawlessly to deliver 5-flurouracil into a catheter in my jugular vein at the stately and quite sedate pace of 5.2 ml/hour for 46 straight hours! Miraculously, I was even able to sleep on my back, placating my left arm in it's sling as well as the portable battery-operated pump slung in it's own fanny pack under my right arm! And I'm also getting used to my new CPAP machine, nasal mask, humidifier, and chinstrap. Somewhat surprising that I was able to get any sleep at all!

I'm also very pleased to report that I'm now able to update my blog using our new, beloved iPad, which was given to us by some wonderful and overly generous friends of ours! Thanks so much you all (and you know who you are!), you all shouldn't have (but we're so very glad you did!)--you all have warmed the chemo-basted cockles of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment